Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all residents of the UK who hold a valid UK / Northern Ireland driving licence, and have held this for a minimum period of six (6) months, except employees of Mercedes-Benz UK Limited, its agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion. Strictly one email per email address and no third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted.
2. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless Mercedes-Benz UK Limited is satisfied.
3. By entering this prize draw you agree to abide by these terms and conditions herein and to take part in any publicity associated with it or resulting from it, including having your name and county of residence being made publicly available. For the avoidance of doubt by entering this prize draw you consent to the filming and recording of your involvement in the prize draw and you agree that the resulting footage can be used for the purposes of promoting Mercedes-Benz. Further, you acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights in relation to such filming are the sole property of Mercedes-Benz. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.
4. Details of prize draw: The Prize draw opens at 9.00am on Thursday 16 February 2012 and shall close at 12pm on Friday 20 April 2012. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the draw to participate in the prize draw.
Every Friday, starting from Friday 24 February until Friday 20 of April 2012 (inclusive) (“Friday Draw Date’’), five (5) winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries received by 12pm as of the applicable Friday Draw Date. Entrants must have submitted their name, a valid email address and phone number at the point of entering the prize draw. Entrants will be notified by telephone by 5pm on each applicable Friday draw date.
If the winner(s) is unable to be contacted within 72 hours of being chosen, supplementary winner(s) may be drawn at Mercedes-Benz UK Limited’s discretion. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited may repeat this process as many times as necessary until a valid winner(s) is chosen. The prize draw prize is non-transferable once the full name of the winner has been provided to Mercedes-Benz UK Limited.
5. There is a maximum of forty-five (45) individual prizes available in the prize draw, with one prize per winner. Each winner’s prize consists of one (1) AMG driving experience at Mercedes-Benz World (“the Prize”), to be redeemed within twelve (12) months from the close of the prize draw. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. The winner(s) shall be responsible for arranging their own travel to and from Mercedes-Benz World.
6. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to refuse entry to Mercedes-Benz World for the winner(s) for reasons of not providing both a valid photocard and counterpart paper driving licence, unsuitable behaviour or for any other reason beyond the control of Mercedes-Benz UK Limited.. For the purpose of administering the prize draw, Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to exchange information and data with third parties. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to refuse entry to Mercedes-Benz World for the winner(s) for reasons of not providing both a valid photocard and counterpart paper driving licence, unsuitable behaviour or for any other reason beyond the control of Mercedes-Benz UK Limited.
7. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms. All entries must be received via the official entry form at www.escapethemap.com and Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or offensive entries or those which do not comply with these terms or conditions.
8. In the event of abuse and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this prize draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, Mercedes-Benz UK Limited reserves the right to end or suspend the prize draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to reallocate the prize.
9. There is no cash or other alternative prizes available in relation to this prize draw. The Prize is not transferable and Mercedes-Benz UK Limited will not be responsible for the winner’s inability to take up the Prize. In consideration of the winner(s) receiving his/her prize, the winner(s) shall comply with Mercedes-Benz UK Limited’s instructions and, if required keep, certain aspects of the Prize confidential.
10. All prize draw participants will be required to sign a disclaimer at the time of taking the Prize at Mercedes-Benz World confirming certain information and, in the absence of negligence on the part of Mercedes-Benz World, accepting participation in the driving activity shall be at your own risk. A copy of the disclaimer is available on request.
11. Weapon7 is the event management agency for this event. Its address is Weapon7, 196 Tottenham Court Rd, London W1T 7LQ. The choice of prize winner(s) will be final and at Mercedes-Benz UK Limited’s sole discretion and no correspondence whatsoever will be entered into.
12. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize draw.
13. The name and county of the winner(s) will be available from Weapon7 upon request via stamped addressed envelope from the 24 April 2012, marked with the name of the prize draw (“The Escape the Map 2”).
14. Promoter’s details: Mercedes-Benz UK Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK15 8BA.
15. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.